Mike Page | Freelance Cameraman
Everything I do is centred around the creation of great video content. Whether I’m working as a video producer, or as a freelance cameraman on a documentary shoot, or ENG assignment, I am passionate about telling stories with moving images that make people stop and think, change their opinion, or alter their perceptions.
My 16 years of experience includes; filming numerous interviews with businesses leaders and high-profile politicians, corporate video productions, ENG, documentary, and live event coverage.
I use broadcast quality equipment (see equipment list below) and can sometimes accept urgent video filming assignments anywhere across the South East and beyond (Filming assignments have taken me to Canada, USA, France and the Canary Islands.)
If you need a competent and dependable lighting cameraman, call me. I’m always ready to negotiate a mutually agreeable price, in return for a job well executed with great results.
▼ SCROLL DOWN FOR SHOWREEL & SAMPLE VIDEOS ▼
- Sony PXW Z280: XDCAM 4K 50p/60p
- Sony FS7: XDCAM 4K Super 35mm
- Nikon D750 DSLR: 24.2MP Full Frame Sensor. HD1080/60p Video. Max Res. 6016 x 4016.
- Nikon D5600 DSLR: 24MP APS-C Sensor, HD1080/60p Video. Max Res. 6000 x 4000.
DSLR Lenses: 35mm f1.8 prime, 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6
- GoPro Hero 6 action cameras.
7” 4K/HD on-camera monitor
- Sony URX-PO3/UTX-BO3 wireless mic kit
- Rode NTG-2 directional mic
- 2 x Sennheiser e845S super cardioid mics
- Tascam DR100 Mk II Field Recorder
- Sennheiser MKE 400 compact mic
- Rode boom pole
- Rycote pistol grip
- XLR cabling, mic stands etc.
- 3 x 14” dimmable LED light panels 5600°k (battery/mains powered)
- 3 x soft box fluorescent kit 5600°k
- Bi-colour LED camera-top light
- 2 x 300w dimmable tungsten’s w barn doors
- Stands, clamps & reflectors
- Manfrotto 405-HD tripod
- Vinten Pro-Touch PT525 tripod
- Manfrotto Befree GT tripod
- Manfrotto MVM500A monopod
- Steadicam: Gimble, arm & vest
- Datavision CML300 portable green screen 300 x 250 x 220cm (W x D x H)
- 2m x 2.5m Pop-up green screen
- Adobe CC 2022 Full Suite
- 6-core i7 3.50GHz/32Gb/21TB, GTX980 GPU
- Dedicated Webserver – hosting/downloading
A Promotional video for an Eastbourne-based property management company; with testimonials from businesses renting office space. Shot, edited and produced by Mike Page.
Excerpt from ‘The Interviews’ series. In this video, Mike interviews Amber Rudd – former Home Secretary and MP for Hastings and Rye. A three-camera shoot. Cameras operated by Alan McCormick. Edited and produced by Mike Page.
Shot, edited and presented by Mike Page, this is the story of the restoration of a 150-year-old Sussex post mill. Filming took almost two years, while a team of craftsmen set about returning this ancient windmill to its former glory. Patiently shot, edited and produced by Mike Page.
A promotional video for a superb Italian restaurant. Shot, edited and produced by Mike Page.
MINI-DOC FILM (7 Minutes)
Mike’s first mini-documentary (2010). This 7-minute film portrays the challenges and angst of a working artist, who relentlessly toils with brushes and oils to articulate his thoughts and feelings concerning a particulary controversial topic.
CHARITY PROMO (8 MINUTES)
A 20-minute film promoting the work of children’s charity Rockinghorse. Filming took place at the Royal Alexandra Children’s Hospital and respite centres across Sussex. Features an appeal by newscaster and journalist Nicholas Owen.